Homeowner’s insurance, also referred to as property insurance, provides coverage for a home and compensates it’s owner in the event of a loss. In addition, it provides protection for any family member found legally responsible for injuries to someone else or their property. Most of today’s lenders also require this type of coverage.

Most homeowner’s insurance policies will cover damage caused by such perils as fire, windstorms, hail, lightning, theft or vandalism. There are other homeowners’ policies that cover additional perils as well. For those perils that are not covered, there may be supplemental coverage that you can purchase.

Your independent agent can help you to determine the amount of coverage that makes the most sense for your home and your risk tolerance.

Secondary home
Vacant Land