Today I wanted to share a cyber exposure analysis that will help determine your potential for a cyber-attack. You may be surprised at what you find.
- Does your business retain physical or electronic records of employees or other third parties with any of the following? (Check any that apply)
- Social security numbers _____
- Drivers’ license information _____
- Tax identification numbers _____
- Birth dates _____
- Medical/health records _____
- Court records _____
- Police records _____
- Banking information (checking/savings accounts)_____
- Email addresses or home addresses _____
If you checked any of the above, your organization is in control of “Personally Identifiable Information”. As such your company is required to protect that data subject to State and Federal privacy and data breach laws.
- Does your business have employees? Yes ___ No ___
- Does your business have an active website? Yes ___ No ___
- Does your business use third-party vendors (e.g., cloud, IT services)? Yes ___ No ___
- Does your business use mobile technology (e.g., smartphones, tablets, laptops)? Yes ___ No ___
- Does your business accept credit card payments, other electronic payments or have online bill pay? Yes ___ No ___
- Does your business allow employees to use personal devices to connect to your network? Yes ___ No ___
- Does your business train employees on proper email use and other privacy issues? Yes ___ No ___
- Does your business store your customers’ corporate confidential information? Yes ___ No ___
- Does your business have access to online cyber risk management tools? Yes ___ No ___
If you answered “yes” to one or more of questions 1–9, of this cyber exposure analysis, your business has exposures. These exposures may lead to a data breach or some other cyber-related loss.
This leaves your business open to claims or lawsuits. Can you afford to self-insure these types of losses?
If your answer is that you cannot, then please contact MrInsurability for help.
We can be reached at 1-630-385-2448 or 1-800-869-9194 or by email at email@example.com.